Sunday, March 6, 2016

Arrival

I'm officially in Austin, TX!

My exciting story for the day is: well... A whole lot of nothing so far, but as far as I'm concerned, that's a good thing.

Today was a day of being an adult and making adult decisions, you see. On my way into Austin I rented a storage unit to lower the risk of my car getting broken into as I explore the city over the next few days. It would really suck to have this whole adventure cut short because I had all my eggs in one basket with breakable windows.

I spent a couple hours at the storage facility sorting through my stuff. What I need at my fingertips at any given time stayed, the rest will be staying out for a while until I get settled.

Then I got my first ever hotel room. I mean I've been to hotels before, I'm not a hermit, but it was always with family and such on trips where it wasn't my wallet doing the heavy lifting.

This is the first time that I, as an "adult", purchased a stay at a hotel. It's not particularly exciting, I know, but it's a new experience for me. I'd say it was the "first of many", but let's be real, I just drove 1,750 miles. The hotel room is like the "14th of many" in this week alone.

So I've just taken a long, and much needed, shower and am relaxing in the air conditioning of an Austin hotel room.

I might go out later for some food, I might not. I haven't decided yet. This is my one night of leisure before things get kicked into high gear tomorrow. All I know is that I'm going to get a good night's sleep in a real bed and a continental breakfast in the morning.

Tommorow begins phase two.

(I didn't really take any pictures today, so this one is from earlier in the week. Side note: the blog will continue even though I'm in Austin now. It'll just be a bit less travel oriented I guess). 



No comments:

Post a Comment